Guest post by the talented @realistic.holistic
Gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free
It’s the day after Christmas and you have visitors coming over. Again. Are you ready for the company?! If not, it’s too easy to go to the grocery store and grab the pre-made cookies and candies galore! If you can help it, I’d urge you not to. They’re full of harmful food colourings, preservatives and an insane amount of refined sugar. Highly processed foods like that are likely to make your night full of digestive distress and a cut it short with a sugar crash that makes it impossible to stay awake for the end of It’s a Wonderful Life – Spoiler Alert: Life is actually pretty wonderful, but only at the end of the movie.
Whip these beauties up! Only 6 ingredients and they take only 6 minutes to prepare!
Makes approximately 10 mini cups.
1 cup cacao butter, chopped
½ cup coconut butter
1 tbsp raw honey
1 splash vanilla extract
½ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup coconut chips
1. Melt cacao butter and coconut butter in a pot over the lowest heat. NOTE: It will melt quickly and easily. Too high heat will burn it.
2. Once melted, add honey and vanilla to combine.
3. Pour small amounts into mini baking cups
4. Toss a couple of dried cranberries per cup
5. Top with coconut chips
6. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes
7. Remove and enjoy!
What’s your favourite holiday entertaining super-quick recipe?